Sunday, October 16, 2016

MClass Question Stem Cards

mClass TRC Sentence Stem Cards




  You can use these mClass TRC Sentence Stem Cards in a lot of different ways! You can use them in literacy stations, whole group to write about various texts, leveled small groups, etc. 
  In my classroom, I have printed these in color on cardstock. Then I had my cards laminated. Afterwards, I hole-punched the corner of each card and placed them on a binder ring. These cards hang on a hook on the board in the front of my room. 
Sometimes, I pull off a card and ask my students to create a written response to whichever text we’re working on at the time. Since they’re color-coded (and my students sit in leveled groups), they’re also very convenient to give out to my table groups as a quick, differentiated activity with a small group text. I’m also planning to integrate the cards into my small group literacy stations as a leveled reading activity. To do this, you can simply pull a text for the group reading level and pull a corresponding card. Place both the texts and the mClass card into a folder and place them in a station with a few pencils and notebook paper. Students can group/partner read the text and then answer the question in a written response.

Quick.
Easy.
Effective.

  If your students regularly practice using these sentence stems cards, you will see an increase in your students’ TRC reading comprehension. The cards help build fluency and understanding of the test format as well as the standards assessed through the mClass TRC assessments.
I hope these increase your students’ academic success and make your year a little less stressful! If you have any questions about this product, feel free to contact me at eclecticelementary@gmail.com.
Thanks for stopping by,

 photo signature-37.png

No comments:

Post a Comment