Monday, August 11, 2014

Back To School Parent Pack

  Like every other teacher I know, I had a mile long list of summer projects to complete. Of course, I got distracted working on school things instead of cleaning out my shed (darn it!) ;D This week I've been working on some back-to-school essentials.
  Everyone always spends a large amount of time making their room look cute and inviting. Of course you want the parents and students to enter your room feeling positive about the start of the new school year. But, you also need to make sure that your organizational system is as put together as your classroom decor.
  One of the first things my TA, Patty, and I work on before school starts is parent packs. These are the stacks of paperwork that parents are generally required to complete at the beginning of the year. Most of the documents will be provided by your school/county, but I also include a few items for my personal classroom. Since the parents get tired of working their fingers to the nubs rewriting info a million and one times (I know, I have three kids of my own!), I tried to create some forms that would keep them a little more interested.

You can print a cute cover if you'd like...

Inside the packet are the following forms...
To save paper, double-side copy these forms. 
Then hole punch them and put them in a thin binder (or 3 prong folder) for easy access.
I also separate my students with tabbed dividers (I'll upload a photo when I get back to school)!
I store mine right next to my phone. 

The next two forms can go in the same binder, or you can create an individual file folder for each student.
I like to keep mine in the binder with my parent contact sheets so I can quickly thumb through the info. 
The survey should be completed by a parent!

   This can be sent home with other paperwork that your school/county requires or you can ask parents to complete it while they're visiting for their first Open House. Since our school hosts and Open House the week before school starts, I always give this to parents when they come to meet me for the first time. Sometimes I offer a fun incentive to students who can get their parents to complete and return their packets on the first day of school. 
   If you would like a free copy of this little resource, please click on any of the images above.
Enjoy & Thanks For Stopping By!

 photo signature-37.png

No comments:

Post a Comment