Monday, April 20, 2015

Interactive Notebook Mini

For the last several years, I’ve been working with interactive notebooks in my classroom. They’ve gradually transformed into interactive tools that have increased student engagement in content areas. If you’re just getting started with notebooks, try choosing one content area to start with. Then begin adding in additional content as you become more confident with the format.
   Originally I began using interactive notebooks for math. These skills seemed to be some of the easier topics to transition into interactive notebooks. That same year I also began notebooking for reading. My students really enjoyed this new format and it freed us from the dusty, old textbooks (that were falling apart anyway). Then last year I integrated our science content into interactive notebooks as well.

   Science is one of my favorite subjects to teach because it offers so many opportunities to do hands-on learning. It’s also a fantastic vehicle to integrate other content areas into. We frequently use science as a segway for writing projects!  In order to facilitate interactive notebooks for science, I began creating notebook-minis. These are interactive notebooks geared specifically to one particular topic. By using notebook-minis I can pull the exact skills I want to work on with my students. 

Check out my very first science notebook-mini...

This notebook includes directions with photo samples of each activity, activity directions, and technology links to enhance your science curriculum


To download this notebook-mini, click on one of the photos...


Stay tuned for my next Plants & Soil notebook-mini! 


Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
 photo signature-37.png

No comments:

Post a Comment