Tuesday, November 11, 2014

We Are Thankful For Thanksgiving!

     Is there anything better than gathering with the people you love the most to reflect on your many blessings? Combine that with the spicy smells of fresh-baked pumpkin pies, tender turkey and stuffing, and sticky sweet potatoes and there's no doubt in my mind. Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays of the year!
     It's also one of the best times of the school year. We can present our students with a host of hands-on and interactive lessons to make the holiday even more relevant than just a day off school. Here are a few of my favorite sites to take my kids to for reliable Thanksgiving information. Kids National Geographic is always one of my go-to research sites for my classroom. 





     Scholastic is my annual favorite because it offers so many interactive activities. It gives me an easy and engaging opportunity to incorporate lots of technology into my lessons. I use some features whole groups, but many of the site options are perfect for students to complete independently or with a partner. They can travel back in time to see what life was really like during the first Thanksgiving!
Click on the images to visit the site.

See what daily life was really like...

choose a variety of videos to learn more information related to the First Thanksgiving,
and so much more!


Thanksgiving Crafts
Call them crafts, craftivities, activities...whatever...
We call them fun!
Check these out for fun or integrate them into other Thanksgiving lessons that you're already planning to use.

Thanksgiving Freebies: Free Educational Resources for Thanksgiving {over 50 freebies!}
This site is not really an educational site, but has lots of cute ideas that could easily be incorporated in the classroom!

1-#turkey craft #thanksgiving #stained glass tissue paper #footprint-001

15 Thanksgiving Kids Crafts | Classy Clutter

30 Thanksgiving Kids Crafts



Thanksgiving Treats
I found this fun site that has some super-cute turkey treats that you could use in your classroom.
I've used recipes to make a couple of different treats with my class and I'm really excited to try one of these little yummies this season!
Fun Thanksgiving Food Ideas

This delicious pretzel treat looks fun and easy too!
pretzel-turkeys-frugal-coupon-living


If you're interested in using Kid-Friendly recipes to let your students create goodies, 
then check these out... 
Turkey cookies

(How cute are these turkey cookies and pilgrim hats!!)

Marshmallow pilgrim hats


Turkey Drumstick Rice Krispy Treats!!!!


Check out my TpT store to download some Thanksgiving-themed printables!

 Click on this totally cute turkey to download this freebie!


Here's one more fun Thanksgiving activity in my printable pack. :)


 photo signature-37.png

No comments:

Post a Comment